Sunday, November 11, 2012

How To Cover a Coffee Stain?


Today I was very unhappy to discover an old coffee stain on my favourite blue dress. It was right in the middle of it so I couldn't say: "oh, you can barely see it!". I love this dress so I had to find a way to cover the stain. Dry cleaning didn't do it, so I thought about something else. I had some lace in my fabric treasure chest and I never knew what to use it for so I started to cut shapes from it and sew them onto my dress so as to create a model on the front in order to cover the stain and please the eye.




So, if you have the same problem and cannot resort to dry cleaning or washing, here's what you need to fix it:
- the garment
- some lace
- needle and thread
- a pair of scissors

Step 1:
Cut shapes from the lace. If it has flowers cut the flowers, if it has irregular shapes, try to cut along the contour.

Step 2:
Place your shapes on the garment to cover the stain and look nice. Secure them with pins.


Step 3:
Sew the shapes onto the garment without puncturing the casing.


Step 4:
After you've sewn the pieces, iron the garment on reverse.


When I was finished with it, the dress looked like this:


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment